Scientific Advisory Board
Bergein F. Overholt, M.D., Chairman
- Developer of the flexible fiberoptic sigmoidoscope and colonoscope.
- Established the first endoscopic ambulatory surgery center in the USA.
- Developed photodynamic therapy for Barrett’s esophagus.
- Awarded Mastership by the American College of Physicians & American College of Gastroenterology.
- Past President American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
Herbert A. Fritsche, Ph.D.
- Retired, Tenured Professor & Chief of Clinical Chemistry; MD Anderson Cancer Center (1969-2010).
- Over 200 peer reviewed manuscripts, book chapters & invited articles. Holder of five patents.
- Member of Editorial Board for 12 scientific journals & coeditor of book “Tumor Markers” AACC Press.
- Member Tumor Marker Guideline Committees for ASCO and Natl Academy for Clinical Biochemistry.
- Awards: Johnson & Johnson –Outstanding Research Contributions; AACC Morton Schwartz-Research in Cancer Diagnostics; Carl Jolliff and Morton Schwartz Lifetime Achievement Awards in Immunology and Cancer.
- Originally discovered CA11-19 tumor marker and Principal Investigator on National Cancer Institute Grant # R43CA36650-01A1 for the development of the tumor marker ELISA presently trademarked ColoMarker.
- Served as Vice President of Research and Development at EDP Biotech from 2005-2016.
- Established and served as President of JCL Clinical Research Corporation and Concepto Diagnostics from 1971-2005.
- Developed the first commercial immunoassay for Erythropoietin.
- Authored over 45 peer reviewed publications – including 13 publications on the ColoMarker technology.
- American Society of Clinical Pathology Scientific Award 1969.
- Holds 2 patents in the Immunology Assay field.
- University of Tennessee graduate, ASCP Medical Technologist of 53 years.
John J. Costanzi, M.D.
- Internationally known in field of Oncology- leading expert in treatment of cancer.
- Authored over 150 peer review articles, 10 book chapters and 2 books on Oncology.
- Retired Director of Lone Star Oncology.
- Director of Cancer Center at University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston.
- Director in start up of Thompson Cancer Center, Knoxville, TN.
- AF Scientist of Year, SMA Outstanding Career in Research.
Donald J. Wheeler, Ph.D.
- Internationally recognized expert on Data Analysis.
- Author/co-author of 25 books and over 250 articles.
- Fellow American Statistical Association.
- Fellow American Society for Quality.
- Awarded the Deming Medal in 2010.
Walter R. Threlfall, D.V.M., M.S., Ph.D., D.A.C.T.
- Vice President of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Consulting Theriogenologist and Professor Emeritus at The Ohio State University, Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences.
- Governor’s appointee to the Public Health State Committee in Ohio.
- Past President of the American College of Theriogenologists.
- Author of 80 sceintific articles and more than 50 chapters in numerous textbooks.